Rich and Gwen came to San Diego for the AERA conference and we got to see them for a little bit in between there scheduled activities.
We scheduled to go sailing and it happened to be the only day in San Diego when the weather was so horrible they wouldn't let us take a sail boat out on the water. It was windy, rainy, and choppy out there. Tom had taken work off and I already had a babysitter so we were determined to get out in the bay. They allowed us to take power boat out and it was by far the coldest boat trip I have ever had in San Diego. I am smiling in this picture, but for the majority of the trip I was in shock.
Our Captain kept us safe and we only got sprayed and drenched by the cold water a few times. :) Afterwards Gwen took us out for some hot chocolate at Seaport Village and we chatted for awhile. It was nice to be together and we hope to see them again when the weather is normal. We are 0 for 2 when it comes to weather and family. When Aaron came a few years ago it also rained the entire week.
No comments:
Post a Comment