The first activity after recovering from our 20 hour flight was the Zip line. We took a tram ride up the mountain and then went from platform to platform all the way down. There were 10 zip lines and each one was the size of three football fields.
That is me half way down. I didn't go fast enough on this one so I had to flip around really fast and climb back to the platform before I sunk back to the middle.
After the Zip line they took us on a snake tour. Costa Rica has tons of snakes!!! They showed us how to tell the difference between poisonous and non poisonous snakes. Tom loved every minute.
We took a cruise to Tortuga Island. It was out in the middle of no where. I felt like we landed on the Island from the T.V. show "Lost". We all went on a Catamaran which had Reggae music and all the fresh fruit you could ever want. They constantly came around with trays of pineapple, papaya, watermelon etc. We got to know Danny and Charmane Walker who are amazing people. It was very relaxing and fun to be out there. We also went snorkeling while we were on the island.
This is out the window of the Los Suenos Resort. The view was beautiful. The mosquitos, ants and spiders were not! I came home with very bumpy legs full of spider and mosquito bites. We didn't have our camera for the white water rafting which was CRAZY. I was scared since I have memories of almost drowning in the Provo river. The boat of the company presidents went overboard and had to be rescued so there was never a dull moment.
We also took a crocodile tour and saw a lizard walk on water, got to pet a baby crocodile, and watch as a guy fed a live chicken to a crocodile. Matt Flake and his wife took us to this tour and we got to know them as well.
It was such a great trip full of swimming, eating, adventure, and relaxation. I am so grateful we got to go together!
No comments:
Post a Comment