Friday, September 11, 2009

More Cousins Camp

At the end of the week we went to Seven Peaks as a family. The guys went golfing and we had a great family dinner at Russ and Mary's house.  Logan got to play football with Rich and Aaron. They were coaching him and he was loving every minute of it.
During Cousin's Camp Rich made the coolest obstacle course ever!  He made replicas of all of their childhood games.  The had the baseball contraption, rubber band guns, the basketball hoop, bicycle races and many more.  

I didn't want to post a million pics but we had so many wonderful activities.  Mary taught art and pressed flowers and then framed the camp scripture.  Gwen did the camp cups and obstacle course. Lisa and my mom taught the kids Ukulele daily.  The kids loved it. Steph did journals and hats. I had a sidewalk chalk contest and popsicle stick building.  Rich jumped in when we needed him and we did. The food was phenomenal!  Everybody gave it 110% 
We all went swimming at Aunt Joyce's house.  Logan and Lola raced like olympic swimmers the entire time.  The loved sliding down the slides and we stayed all afternoon.  I had some great pics of the kids but I just loved this one of Lisa and Aunt Joyce.
Here are the kids on the hike up the mountain.  They just kept going and going!  Grandma got to tell them stories of the mountain on their way up.

Below is the awards ceremony we had every night.  We had the Joel, Lola, Wes and Iva awards. Each child was recognized daily for a trait that they exhibited similar to their ancestors.  They ATE it up.  Months later, I still hear Logan say, "I was being enthusiastic just like grandma Lola."  The kids were all so excited to be good.  It was a wonderful thing to watch.

1 comment:

Kari Howell said...

Hey Em! A little blast from the past for you! I was just going through old emails and found your blog link- I am pasting it on mine so hopefully I will stay a little more updated with your life. I hope things are going well! Your kids are darling and it has been fun getting updates on you guys!