President and Sister V.O. picked us up at the hotel to take us to Embu Das Artes. We had a good time catching up and shopping. I loved these decorations. They were balls made from seeds, spices, and dried seed pods.
This was on our walk through the city.
We ate lunch at a German Restaurant. I was a little hesitant because the food I have had in germany wasn't the best. However this was fantastic. Tom ordered some crazy authentic dish that both the waiter and President V.O. advised him would be too intense. They sat in awe as they watched him down the food. He loves his weird food. We got to know them on a more personal level which was fun. They told us stories about raising their kids, president's job, and serving in your community. We learned a lot about the PPE.I have to write about our crazy drive home. So a motorcyclist cut in front of us and ran into the car in front of us. He was ticked and came after President. He was yelling at him to get out of the car. Other motorcyclists drove up surrounding our car. This is when I started to sweat. So Pres. told him that we would wait for the police to come. The guy took his helmet and smashed the side mirror right off. That is when Pres. decided to drive off. Then motorcyclist man comes up behind us driving crazy as ever. I am looking to see if his posse is following him. Then he comes on Sister V.O.'s side and tries to kick here side view mirror off with his leg as we are driving 30 miles per hour. We are all about ready to die at this point. A guy signals for us to pull over and we do. He gets out. I am thinking...Is this it? So he tells President that he did the right thing and the guy was crazy. We went home, got in bed, and I called my kids. I have great luck with the violence in SP.
We met the next day at the temple. I had left my recommend at my parents in Utah. All the computer systems were down so they couldn't look me up. Pres. called the Area President and vouched for me so I could go in. I really appreciated the effort.
We had a great session. The temple has been remodeled and it is beautiful. I had many memories of sitting in the celestial room. There were days when I just didn't want to leave that room. It was so full of peace in a city charged with energy. This was the perfect ending to a life changing trip.
We met the next day at the temple. I had left my recommend at my parents in Utah. All the computer systems were down so they couldn't look me up. Pres. called the Area President and vouched for me so I could go in. I really appreciated the effort.
We had a great session. The temple has been remodeled and it is beautiful. I had many memories of sitting in the celestial room. There were days when I just didn't want to leave that room. It was so full of peace in a city charged with energy. This was the perfect ending to a life changing trip.
1 comment:
Great post! I'm jealous. Send our love to the Van O's if you see them again before you go.
Post a Comment