Thursday, September 10, 2009

Mercado Municipal


This little ten year old kid was so much fun.  He let us sample tons of fruits form around the world.  Egyptian avocado is the only one I remember at this point.  We ended up buying the biggest best tangerine we have ever had.  We paid $5.00. :)  We almost paid $6.00.  He was waiting for us to haggle but we have seriously lost our skills. So as we are leaving, he pulls out his business card and says, "If you ever need anything, just give me a call."
This guy let us sample all of the dried fruits, candies, and chocolates.  When they let you sample, they dump out about 15-20 of each thing in the lid and let you just sit and eat.  My favorite was dried mango, cantaloupe, and strawberries.  
There was so much fresh fish and meat every where.  I just had to get a picture of the guy wheeling it in.
Tom loves his spicy food. I think we all have a story of putting the hot pepper oil on our food and just about choking.
We had a FABULOUS meal at the mercado.  The meat was amazing.  A steak takes up half the plate.  I ate more meat in one week in Brazil than one month at home.  Tom got the Paulista.  He tried something authentic at every restaurant.

No comments: