Friday, September 11, 2009

Russ and Mary Come to San Diego

July/August was Utah/Sao Paulo/ Russ and Mary/Utah. It was 4 weeks straight of vacation.  I am so happy to be home and doing laundry, shopping and getting into a routine.
My oldest brother Russ came for a visit. They went to Disneyland for a few days before they headed down our way and stayed at the Candy Cane Inn.  My favorite hotel next door to Disneyland. Russ and Mary took us out to Pelly's Fish Market in Carlsbad.  Just when I think the food can't get any better, we find another fantastic place.
We headed to the beach a couple of different days.  Two of my favorites are Moonlight in Encinitas and a private beach in Carlsbad.  That was a month ago, I have since found my new favorite...Beacon's Beach.  People, I am telling you it is GORGEOUS!!! Next visitors are going there! 
Logan just couldn't get enough of the sand.

Logan's favorite snack at the beach is microwave popcorn.  He can go through 2 bags in one afternoon.
The boogie boarding was HEAVEN.  So I loved having Wes and Ben as the older cousins for Logan.  There are a lot of girl cousins in our family.  They took him out in the water, helped him boogie board and body surf on his own.  It was so nice to have them.  They are the nicest boys ever!! I hope my boy teenagers grow up to be just like them!  The water was such a great temperature. 

2 comments:

jennie said...

we also love Beacon's. It's our closest beach--but parking can be tough. It's also close to 7-11 for slurpies!

Baxter's said...

oh beacons...how do i love thee...let me count the ways