Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My house cleaner

So a few weeks ago I said goodbye to Lorena. While I was pregnant and throwing up with Gavin my neighbor started telling me about her house cleaner. How she changed the sheets, washed the rugs, cleaned out the fridge, cleaned out the crumbs in the toaster. You had me at house cleaner!!!!
Any way we are getting ready to buy a house in the next couple of months and I wanted to practice making those gigantic Southern California payments before we actually did it. It scares me to death. I decided to take a look at some expenses I could cut. We let the YMCA membership go, then the sailing membership. I just didn't know how hard it was going to be to lay off Lorena. The funny thing is, I orginally decided I would have Lorena help me the first couple of months after Gavin...14 months later I was still trying to find a way to let her go emotionally. I really get an emotional high when I come home from Legoland to find my house is spotless. I don't know if there is price you can put on that. So her English is pretty good but I was hoping I could explain it in a way that was nice. I've never layed anyone off before. She understood, I hugged her and she went out the door. The house stayed clean for about 2 weeks and then it hit me she isn't coming back. I miss her and have decided that once we buy a house I will make the necessary cuts to get her back.:) Ramen it is!!!

6 comments:

Kenon said...

Picturing you trying to let go of Lorena makes me smile. I love it that you had/have a cleaning lady. You probably also taught her the gospel and learned Spanish while she was working for you. That is why I love you. :)

Alicia said...

I am trying to talk myself into getting a cleaning lady! However, the "breakup" if it didn't work out had never crossed my mind. You know what a people pleaser I am ;) Maybe I'll let you hire one for me next time you're in town! Keep me posted on the house thing! We're so excited for you guys! We're also...for real...coming out that direction before summer gets into full swing, so I'll be in touch! Miss you tons!

Coco said...

hey em, sorry to hear about your purse AND your house cleaner! bummer :( patricia emailed me and said she's coming out to visit you in april. how exciting! i would love to come down but i'll probably be having contractions and a baby by then!

Terra said...

so glad to see you are back and blogging! yeah! i had a cleaning lady come a couple of times and i can feel your pain. they are heaven sent. when do you guys move? that is so exciting. keep us posted.

Heather Adams said...

OK, I thought I commented a few days ago, but I guess not. I am so sad to hear about your cleaning lady. My sis has a cleaning lady and I have to admit sometimes I get bitter when she tells me how nice it is to come home to a clean house. I can only imagine the high I could get from that:)

Katy said...

I have a cleaning lady - once a month for two hours is all I need! LOVE IT!