




I decided that San Felipe deserved its own entry. We rented a beach house on the Sea of Cortez which is the gulf side of Mexico. It took us about 4 hours to drive there and then it was paradise. It was us and our neighbors for about a week. The place was deserted because it was December and 20 miles south of the nearest city. Logan caught his first fish and found octopus and crabs with his dad. I found hundreds of beautiful sea shells and read tons. Gavin and Logan loved playing in the sand all week. We also went into town to grab a famous fish taco and go shopping. Tom took us to buy fireworks in a tourist shop because he claimed they were legal in Mexico. Of course the deal was made behind a door disguised as a book case. My favorite part was standing by listening to him trying to negociate a better price. The $5.00 savings about gave me a heart attack. So we had quite the $20.00 fire work show on the beach one night. It was so great to hang out as a family for a whole week with no computers, blackberrys, or tivo. It was nice to be away from everything and get to enjoy being with each other. We can't wait to go again.
1 comment:
YAY!!! Another update!! It's a good thing that I love you guys or I would be very bitter and angry right now after reading about your fun-filled time off. I'm glad you planned it in true "Gilda" style and used every moment to the fullest. :) p.s. The Watergate Cake was just as good as I remembered. Thanks...
Post a Comment