Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Break In

What a crazy week. Logan beat me to the car as I was getting ready to take him to pre-school. He slammed the door shut and glass went flying everywhere. His first comment was, "Sorry mom I didn't mean to shut it so hard." And then that feeling of something isn't right came over me. So I looked over at the passenger side window which was shattered everywhere throughout the car and sidewalk. Then I looked down to see my purse was no longer there. We had gone to Disneyland the day before and got home a little late. I parked outside our front door instead of the garage and left my purse in the car and now I am no paying for it. So I took care of a lot of it last week only to wake up yesterday and find $1400 spent on an old visa card. Between calling the police, insurance, DMV, banks, credit reporting agencies I am beat!!!! I'm ready to move on and have this nightmare behind us. We should be finished in a couple more days. I am so grateful that no one was hurt and that it is just stuff.

4 comments:

Kenon said...

OH MY WORD!! That is so scary!!! Mostly the part about the glass. Did you get any of your stuff back? What do they do about your id and stuff?

Lindy said...

Having your purse stolen is such a nightmare. I'm so sorry. Mine was stolen out of our car at church a couple of years ago and it was exhausting just changing everything--bank accts, credit cards, etc. By the time I went to get a new drivers license, I about had a nervous breakdown. Sounds like you're about finished--I just kept all my police report, credit agency info, etc in a file in case I had any problems later on.

emily said...

Nothing is coming back and I just have to get all new stuff. So my nervous breakdown came at my bank while changing accounts for the third no that was my second time and when picked up Gavin, my back went out. My SI joint locked and I have been bent over for two days waiting for the spasm to stop. I look really funny. I can say that because it was 75 degrees today and we went to the park at the beach and that pretty much makes life good on the worst days.

Baxter's said...

I really hate mean people.