Friday, March 7, 2008

Newport Vacation





So with Lisa and Sam in Encinitas we thought we would try switching kids for a weekend and taking a vacation close to home. Tom and I decided to go to Disneyland/California Adventure since we have passes. Of course in late January there is hardly anyone there so we went on just about every ride. I hadn't been on the adult rides for years. It was fun and and a little scarier than I remember. It was weird to be there without kids because everything there reminds us of them and the things they love. The parade came by with "High School Musical" and we both thought of Logan. He has never seen it, but is obsessed with it due to Disney Channel's brilliant marketing. So we stayed in a cute hotel on Balboa Island and rented a boat for a few hours and cruised through all the little islands around there. That was my favorite part. I liked it because it was relaxing to be on the water and that would be my favorite past time these days. We also drove by the "this is the place" spot where we decided 4 years ago that we wanted to live here. Then that night we headed to L.A. to see "Wicked". We ate at a REAL italian restaurant where the food was great and fun to be around so many italian people. It is an amazing show and fun to see it with Tom. We slept in until 8:00 again and then met up with Tom's mom and brother who were here for a conference. So we got to chat with them for lunch before we picked up the kids. It was a fun weekend and it was only after it was our turn to have the 4 kids under the age of four that I realized we may have to shorten those vacations.

4 comments:

Lindy said...

your weekend sounded fabulous! we love just walking around Balboa Island, but a boat would be even more fun. that's funny about how a long weekend away from kids is great until it's your turn with the kids :)

Kenon said...

How fun!!! Was that your first time seeing Wicked?

Heather Adams said...

I am so envious!! That sounds like so much fun. I could live on the water and in the sunshine. Just seeing those pictures made me happy. What a fun getaway. We will be in Newport in May. I will have to get a hold of you:)

Baxter's said...

The kids were so easy....I mean other than the times when they weren't. :-)