
So I wanted to give Patricia and opportunity to go to some LDS single's events while she was here. After two in one week, I have decided to take some extended time off from these. :) In this photo, we had just finished watching a girl in her 40's jump into the middle of the "dance circle" to do the splits. We had to look away as her jeans didn't cover everything if you know what I mean. She just happened to come and stand by me after her show and I admit I was in a bit of shock as I said, "Wow how did you do that?" She told me, "It's easy. You could do it too. Watch this!" She lifted her leg over her head. Lost her balance. The guy behind her was in a wheel chair. He gave me that look of...HELP ME!!!! I lunged over. Luckily, she caught her balance and disaster was avoided.

This is Erik. Patricia met him at the event. He took her out on a date the next night and they had a great time. We played Apples to Apples at the singles event. Yes if you ever think you are having a bad day. Just think, you could be playing board games at the church mid-lds-singles event on the weekend.

Our first event was lunch at Macaroni Grill. The first half an hour was rough but it got better by the end. The best part of the lunch was when a cute, blond, tall guy walked in and a girl sitting at the opposite table on the other end, jumped up, and ran about 20 seats to sit by him. There was no chair, there was no space. She grabbed a chair and made space. She was clear on her intentions and was going to get that seat. I am not exaggerating and if you don't beleive me, Patricia will reenact it for you.

PF Changs with Terra. We had a great meal and a great time chatting in English and Portuguese.

Thanksgiving Point. They had free fudge tastes testers. Snickers Fudge...YUM!
5 comments:
Oh my! That sounds like quite the experience! I hope the Singles activities calm down a little bit...
When I am having a bad day, I picture Patricia reenacting the crazy girl going after that guy. It still gets me to laugh out loud...to myself. Pretty funny stuff.
I cried of laughing!!
Wow, that girl running on the restaurant, she was desperated...
Emily, I am SURE you are okay about these activities, even they made us to laugh A LOT! I am remembering that girl adjusting her jeans after that freak show, wow, I think it was small size (like mine)... FUNNY!!!
i would like to see the re-enactment please. hee hee. i feel for you em...love you
I loved your comments about the mid-singles activities.
WELCOME TO MY LIFE!!! Ü
I really have to gear myself up to go to most activities, but often feel like I can't expect to meet "the one" or even "some one" if I don't make any effort. What a good sport you were to endure that for a friend. I hope you realize how lucky you are to no longer be playing this "dating game." Ü
Post a Comment