I am way behind on blogging. And we are heading to San Diego for a week where I know I will take a million pictures so I decided to skip Christmas and come back to it. Christmas pictures have officially disappeared over the last few weeks because Gavin thinks it is fun to use the trash can button on the iphone. So it should be small by the time I get to it. :)This is Logan and Molly at Sundance. We took all the kids skiing at Alta on New Years Eve. It was Logan's first time and it had been a good 15 years for me since I had been on the slopes. It was the blind leading the blind. After a rough start he finished a pro. Our favorite moment after getting rentals and driving an hour...getting the kids to dare to go down the very short hill for the second time and they sat down and said, "I think we are just going to watch you guys do it." "Go for it mom!" So Lisa and I had some great runs down the bunny hill. :) We thought that was a lot of work for 10 minutes and could only laugh. Somehow they got the courage to get going and ended up skiing all day.
This is my hero sister Lisa and I taking on the bunny hill at Sundance. After our success at Alta she found us used skis and we are now enjoying the Utah snow. For those who don't know...Alta and Sundance bunny hill is free!!!! So fun to take the kids up and teach them. We are officially ready for the chair lift and just got some new snow. I can't beleive I am writing that? I still hate the cold but have to say it is gorgeous when you are up skiing in the mountains. It makes missing the beach a little easier.I say my Hero because she has been by my side everyday for the last three months. Tonight she said those first three weeks when I would drop off Gavin to go to an appointment, she would cry and have to call Sam to help her after seeing me. I was in shock those first few weeks and making so many decisions and exhausted. I couldn't have made it without you Lisa!!!
While the fam was here...We met up to do a session at the Mount Timponogas Temple. It was my first time back to the temple I was married in since moving back to Utah. It was an amazing session and I felt so much strength and power to be around such wonderful people. I took time to mourn and grieve the loss. I couldn't have gone back without them. I really appreciated my brothers Rich and Aaron hauling their families all the way here to be support me at this time.
New Years was truly healing for me. Being around my family opened my heart up again. Seeing my brothers with their kids restored my faith in family. I am so grateful for their love.Last night I was overwhelmed with all of the love and support that has come my way from family and friends. I was making a list of all of the gifts, calls, packages, dinners, emails, compliments, service, etc that people have done for me over the past three months. I have been trying to think of a poem or way to express how I feel. There really are no words to express gratitude for these people in my life. There is no way to explain just how much I love you and apppreciate everything. It is impossible to explain how much it means when you are at the lowest point, in shock, in survivial mode and someone steps in and takes over for you. To all of you that have loved me and continue to do so. Thank you!!! And I only hope to one day be able to return the favor.
7 comments:
wish I were going to San Diego with you! BRRRR! Give Isa & everyone in La Jolla hugs for me!
wish we could meet up to do a session at any temple together. maybe this summer, eh?! miss you tons!
That is such an amazing picture of your family at the temple! I love it. I love this update. You don't realize that we are all drawing strength from you and your wonderful example. Love you tons...
This was a beautiful post. And you look stunning in that picture with your family at the temple. STUNNING!
Hi Em--
I've been wanting to call and get together since you've been back. Definitely after you get back from San Diego--I wish I was going with you to find some sun. I'm so glad you can feel all the love and support around you (hopefully even from those--me--who haven't called yet). Love you!
Aww Emily, I am so grateful you have such a wonderful family and great support group up there. I have felt helpless here, and can only call and pray- but knowing that they have been there for you is very comforting. So many people love you and for good reason!
So wishing we were going with you this weekend! Soak up some extra sun for me. :) The pic of you and your fam at the temple is beautiful and you are glowing! Your strength and dediaction to you boys and to living the higher life is such an example to me. Love you.
Miss you Em. I love that you have your family so close to help you through this time in your life. you have lots of friends and loved ones all over (Vegas!) that are thinking of you and praying for you. Love you.
Post a Comment