So I got the email from the PTO about "Walk to School Day" and thought... What a great thing to participate in. We do waste gas and I used to walk to school when I was young, plus they were going to have snacks and drinks. We got the jog stroller and scooter and took off around 11:20 for afternoon kindergarten.
I decided to leave about 35 minutes early to give us plenty of time and time to visit with all the other families that walked to school. So as we are walking I notice we are the only family on the trail. HUM? It also doesn't go directly to the school but all the way around it and up a final big hill. So I am sweating and thinking we have been walking a long time down some very steep hills, I will actually have to go back up those hills. We entered the school, classes were starting and I sent Logan running. This is when reality set in that it took quite a long time to get to school, and I started to ask myself a couple of questions.
#1 How hot is it out here? and #2 How many miles is it to school?
By the time I had made it half way home pushing Gavin and barely breathing, my only motivation was to get to the computer and figure out what is with the temperature and Mapquest to find out how many miles it is to our school.
The answer to question #1
| Today | Tomorrow | Fri | Sat | Sun | 6-10 Day |
|---|---|---|---|---|---|
Sunny | Sunny | Mostly Sunny | Sunny | ||
| High: 91° Low: 59° | High: 80° Low: 56° | High: 76° Low: 53° | High: 70° Low: 48° |

3 comments:
Look at you go! Way to support the school efforts! We're so excited you're going to be in town! Let's definitely plan to get together. And yes, I seriously owe you a phone call! Thanks for being so great! Hugs!
I can attest to Emily's distress. She barely made it at the pool that afternoon, and was beat. But yes, Em, thanks for supporting your school...where were all those other parents? Whatever!
That last line is so clever!! Love Gavin's expression. "I'm soo done!"
Post a Comment