Sunday, July 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Emily

It was Emily's birthday on Wednesday! The big 32? Funny thing was she thought she was already 32 and that this was going to be 33! "Well, you got a free year then!" I said. You know how memory starts to go with age . . . it's a tragedy really.

On Wednesday I took her out to The Beachgrass Cafe in Encinitas. From the outside it looks like someplace only senior citizens frequent . . . but you walk in and find a nice, understated elegance to the place. The smell of fresh seafood among many other things was great! Emily got the Fish and Chips with yam fries and mashed potatoes. She loved it (until the next day). I had the Clam Bake. Fresh clams, mussels, crab legs, grilled shrimp and boiled red potatoes in a seafood broth. Delicious!

Afterwards we went to the Carlsbad outlet mall to get her a new purse to replace the one that was stolen. She wasn't able to decide on a new one. So we headed home to find the babysitters "friend" she was having over to help was a BOY! AAAAHHH! Next time we know to pry a little bit more when these requests come up.

We were going to have a family party with Lisa's family (Emily's sister) and Monica's Family (Tom's sister), but both the boys came down with fevers, so we canceled. I still made Emily her Macaroni and Cheese and Watergate cake (tradition since she was a little girl). And we had a nice little couple party. I'm afraid it wasn't deserving of her, but she didn't complain one bit.

Happy Birthday, Emily! You mean everything to me. You are such a wonderful mother to our two boys and I'm so proud of how you do it. I love how you always have time to share yourself with others and help them through their hard times. And I'm especially grateful that you look past my many faults and love me for the crazy wacky person that I am. I really do love you more and more each day. May you reach all the goals and aspirations you've have for this year and know I will support you 100% every step of the way.

I love you!
Tom

3 comments:

Terra said...

Happy Birthday Em! Seriously, being 32 isn't as bad - or old - as it seems! So, I checked your blog last week and was still waiting for an update. The I check today and I have a million posts to read! Good job! Looks like you guys are living it up in Cali. I am so jealous! Enjoy it just a bit more for me too! Your family is adorable. Any plans to come up here soon? We'll be in Cali Aug 1-10.

Trisha said...

How cute is that!
What a sweet husband, definitely a keeper.
I am still looking for one of those. If you run into one that isn't attached to a wife, send him my way. Ü

Christian and Karina said...

Emily, you are a wonderful Mom, wife and friend. We are all blessed to have you in our lives. Tom you rock, thanks for treating my friend so beautifully- you are a true example. I had to fight the tears reading this.